A day in the life and home of a child in an informal settlement

Hello! My name is Bobby.

I’m busy walking around the block trying to find my house because everybody’s house looks the same. My life in this type of settlement is really hard to live in, that’s why I really want a nice, warm home to live in so that I don’t have to worry about getting sick and that I will feel comfy. I feel thirsty every day, but i have to wait in really long lines just to get some fresh water, I wish that we had a proper plumbing system so that I don’t have to wake up very early in the morning to get water. I wish we had a car, it would make it easier to go to school and for my mom and dad to go to work.The nice thing for me is if I had more stationary for school so I don’t have to worry about running out of pencils or anything else.

I don’t feel comfy working under a lamp post because it hurts my back, so I wish we had electricity in our house so that I can study in my house and not feel cold or hurt myself.
I don’t feel nice living in this type of life because of all of the stuff we have to go through, it doesn't feel nice to live in informal settlement. I wish we had more space to live in so I don’t have to worry about getting distracted if I had to work in the house. We don’t have a lot of clothes to wear and washing clothes is very hard, I really want some more clothes to wear so we don’t have to do a lot of washing. The space that we have to work in school is very small, I want the schools to have more spacing so that we can concentrate better on our work.

If we had a library to work in after school, it would be nice to go there every day because it would be easier for everyone.There’s a lot of plastic lying around the place, it is very hard to walk through all of this plastic without getting cut, getting blisters or getting bruised. There are not a lot of shops to get food or drinks, and all of the animals that we want have been eating plastic and getting sick, so we don’t get a lot of food. I always feel dirty and want to shower, but we don’t have a warm shower to clean ourselves in. Everything is very hard living in a space like me because we are very poor.

Comments

  1. You sure ave made it sound very challenging to live there. You have identified important changes that would improve your life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Singing Inspector

Swift playground